Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Not Your Mother's Station-Wagon

In the midst of hurricane evacuation it was becoming clear to John and me that my Pathfinder I've been driving for almost 7 years, and was almost 9 years old, wasn't holding up so well. There was a knock in the steering in addition to the other little things that have kinda always gone wrong with it, like the driver's window not rolling down during hot weather. As for the window that pretty much means it didn't work 8 months of the year seeing how this is Houston. So we decided it was time to get a new car for me before something broke that would cost more to fix than its worth. With SUV values being in the toilet, that's not hard.

So we started looking around and my basic criteria were: something nice, something with better gas mileage, but something I could still toss the dogs in the back of. This makes for some odd vehicle choices but I ended up settling on the Audi A4 S-Line Avant wagon, especially after we found a loaded out brand new 08 model for a very acceptable price since the 09's are starting to hit the lots. It may be a wagon, but this isn't even close to those pokey giant wood panel jobbies from the 80's, you'll find that out when I blaze by you and with 50% better mpg than my old truck!

5 comments:

Joshua said...

Very nice!!

John said...

I haven't even driven it yet! But I will give it a proper thrashing when no one's looking.

ACQ said...

Awesome! Enjoy the new wheels!

Katsuo said...

D.I.N.K.S!!!

Nice ride. Lemme see now, how many 'track days' is that worth?

John said...

About 123.6