Thursday, March 4, 2010

Le Yummy

Tuesday was my birthday (yup, Virginia day) but at least I didn't get stuck in Atlanta where the weather was bad and flights were being cancelled. Thankfully the bad stuff moved through earlier in the day and the evening flights were still on. But I made it home and my birthday present requested from John was waiting... a shiny new Flame Orange Le Creuset dutch oven. Yay!!

Now I'm trying to decide what to make first. Hmmm... made chili when it was cold recently so that's out. Maybe my favorite roast with spicy roasted tomatoes or a big pot of soup. Time to surf the Pioneer Woman and Food Network sites for some new and fabulous recipes.

A picture for Alicia. Notice PW has her green Le Crueset in the cover pic. I've wanted one of these for awhile, tired of having to sear in one pot and then transfer to the croc and stuff. Our new oven has a slow cook feature too, so I want to try out a true "1 pot" slow cook meal.

5 comments:

ACQ said...

Is it sad that I think this post needs a picture? I must admit that P Dub has made me seriously covet a Le Creuset Dutch Oven. Whatever you make first, I'm sure it will be delicious! Happy birthday!

nujoud said...

Ask and ye shall receive.

Erin said...

ive been wanting one of those! let me know how you like it!

Unknown said...

Brian gave me one for my birthday too! Mine is blue...of course. I've already made soup in it and can't wait to do more.

Melissa said...

OOh...it is orange :)