We had previously decided to start introducing Zara to solid foods when she appeared to want them. For several weeks now we've been learning just how long her little arms are as we've had small hands landing in our dinner plates and wide eyes staring at us eating. We decided to try small sampling of foods to see how it would do and without jumping into actual meals and there would be plenty of time to adjust.
Supposedly everyone says rice cereal is the best first food, maybe but not for Zara as even a tiny bit gave her BIG TIME gas, like crying for an hour gas. We laid off solids again for more than a week and tried a tiny bit of oatmeal. Again, no chance big time gas. Google to the rescue, she isn't the first baby to not tolerate grains well right off the bat so we aren't going to revisit those for a long time now.
Last night, I tried a little mashed banana and holy cow do we have a winner. She loved it and ate it up like no tomorrow! We had no gas and, if wonders don't cease to amaze, we suddenly slept 7 hrs straight again without needing Mommy for one of the 2-4 night time feedings that started after a growth spurt a month and a half ago. HOLY COW! I think we just stumbled across an invisible line of awesomeness last night. I was so excited that I could sleep, I wasn't and didn't care at all. Here's hoping for a repeat performance!
13 years ago
5 comments:
That is awesomeness! Yay!
I was thrown for a sec, but did you and ACQ swap backgrounds? :) Love the new header picture (sorry if it's been there for a while and I didn't notice, I usually read from Reader.
Alicia swapped to my background, so I was trying to find another time to change it up anyway. Didn't spend long looking, so I'll probably change again and just test driving this one.
Oops, I didn't know I stole your background! Great minds think alike I guess. :) Hurray for sleeping through the night!
Sounds like you guys are doing great! One word of warning on the bananas that we ran into... not too much as they may bind her up! We switched it up to Prunes, which, she actually liked as well...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoErL_-P0dQ
Mike, aren't prunes just going to "open her up"? How about a 50/50 banana-prune diet?
Post a Comment