Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How Not to Play

Last weekend in my coed rec soccer game at Gilruth, I missed wide of the goal. There is a thing that happens when playing soccer that suddenly when left with ample time and space to kick the stupid ball at the goal, you get really excited and send it way off target. Typically happens because in your excitement to power the ball as hard as you can you end up leaning backward and if lifts the ball over the top. Now when I missed I was outside the 18 and my wet cleat hit the wet ball and it skipped off to the side (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). But I don't feel nearly as bad as this guy who was playing in a U-19 international match and I'm not sure there is any kind of excuse for this.

1 comment:

ACQ said...

Wow...he's going to remember that forever.