Monday, March 31, 2008

Book Club Entry 2

I finished "Hornet Flight" by Follett last night. Good read and, since I've been doing my pilot's license, bonus points for being technically accurate. The good thing about Follett's writing is that he isn't afraid to kill people off both good and bad. Always a problem I have with books and movies and stuff when the main characters all magically avoid a bazillion bullets being shot at them, but everyone one of theirs takes out a bad guy. So good read.

Also, watched Top Chef from last week over the weekend with Alicia. Can't say I'm all that sorry to see Erik go. He came across as a nice guy but pretty much all of his plates have been sloppy and ugly. Anyone who has watched Top Chef should know from the judge's comments that "you eat with your eyes first." See-ya later buddy. While I still like Top Chef, one of the best things from last season was reading Anthony Bourdain's blog after every episode because he is crazy funny. But this season, no Bourdain blog. Ted Allen and Rocco's are filling in and I guess they will "do" but they are no Anthony "best hangover food" Bourdain.

No comments: