Having only one blog entry is already bothering me, so I thought I'd give a little mention about one of the things I did last week.
I went to a lecture given by Dr. Harrison "Jack" Schmitt over at Space Center Houston. Dr. Schmitt just so happens to be one of the crew members on Apollo 17 and was the last person on the moon in 1972. Sad that we haven't been able to get out of low earth orbit in my lifetime and this is the closest we can come right now. It was a great lecture on his time in the program and he had some great stories about his experience.
I am now also the owner of an autographed copy of his book "Return to the Moon", which I will be delving into as soon as I finish the book on loan from Alicia "The Pillars of the Earth" (which has absolutely nothing to do with space or the moon but I'm already near the end and can't stop now). With John off in FL for so long, I need all the books I can get!!
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment