This last weekend was really good, even if it felt extremely short after the long holiday vacation. Saturday involved soccer and running for me and just running on the elliptical for John who has restarted his workouts. But Saturday night, we got to get all spiffed up for a Holiday party. Weird that it was in January, but in any case my new company was having its holiday party in downtown H-town at The Houston Club. Apparently, its a swanky club type place with gym, ballrooms, and more for its members. Someone told us you have to be "invited" by two current members to be able to join the "club". Whatever, we were just having our holiday party there and the party was nice with dinner, music, and the fake casino stuff for raffle tickets. It was great especially since I thought I pretty much knew like 2 people at my new company but it turned out that we knew a couple folks from football and softball and ended up having a really good time. If anything it was a good excuse to get John in his suit and for me to pull that little black dress out of the closet.
Sunday, I went on a short cross-country with Jen over to Wharton and back. Nothing fancy but it was good to get up in the air. Sunday afternoon involved football watching with friends at our place and a short visit by Grant, my first cousin by marriage. Grant needed a place to crash before a business trip here and we were happy to have him. We also got to meet his Mom and sister and a few of our neighbors from a few hoods over who know his family. Small world. It was a good visit and we hopefully he'll get to swing by again and stay awhile some time.
Now we are back at work. I am completely swamped at work and can't figure out how. I've only been there a week, I don't really know what I'm doing, but everything has to be done tomorrow. Really, as in I worked way late today after going in very early (7am) for a meeting because I have to have this information from people to turn in Thursday morning. Quite a change since I was bored often at my last job and now everything is a mile a minute, which is a good thing.
13 years ago
3 comments:
5R5 was my home airport back in my flying days...
been awhile then since your flying days, its not 5R5 anymore, it's KARM, upgraded in the aviation world.
I had a great time flying with you! Thanks for inviting me along :).
Post a Comment