Lately, I've been getting home from work and, after a bit, heading into the kitchen to make dinner. When I wander into the kitchen the routine has been going something like this: open fridge and stare blankly at some leftovers, open freezer stare blankly at the frozen items and think about how I should have defrosted something yesterday, and finally open the pantry and staring blankly again at canisters flour or pasta. Then I make something easy (tonight: grilled cheese) because I am, if you haven't guessed it, drawing a blank.
I need to go grocery shopping soon, so who's been making what for dinner lately? Got any good suggestions for easy but good dinners? This isn't the time to throw out cheese souffle or Bayless' 27 ingredient mole recipe, I'm too preggo for those, but it's time to rotate in some new dishes to our dinner possibilities. What are your best mid-week meals?
13 years ago
5 comments:
I don't have any exciting dinner ideas but I saw this easy Rick Bayless recipe and definitely want to try it.
http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/recipe-review/recipe-review-rick-bayless-dairy-free-avocado-ice-cream-093548
Right now I'm waiting for my cookies to cool so I can eat one. Again, not helpful with the dinner suggestions!
We're totally into "Chipolte-esqe" burritos these days. We get the giant flour tortillas from the grocery store and fill them with beans (usually mix of (vegetarian) refried and black heated with chili powder, cumin, and some sautéd onion and garlic mixed in), tomato, cheese, and (the secret to making them great) enchilada sauce. We like the Hatch brand, they have a red and a green and both are great. Then we wrap them up, put more enchilada sauce on top if you like, and pop them in the microwave for about a minute just to melt the cheese and heat the sauce.
This is super easy and quick. You could add or substitute ground beef or turkey for the beans, but we always have the beans on hand in the pantry and they don't require defrosting!
Hope these last few weeks of pregnancy treat you well! Good luck with the move!
OK this is SUPER easy even my favorite Brother can do it!
Chop some boneless/skinless chicken breast. then sautee
Chop some onion and peppers the sautee these too.
Finally Make a box of low sodium Rice a Roni chicken flavor and mix it all together. takes about 20 minutes.
Tue nite: put a pound of frozen hamburger in the fridge. Check fridge for green onions, fresh ginger, soy sauce, salad ingredients. Check pantry for cornstarch, beef broth (canned or cubes)
Wed nite: Stop at Asian store for bean threads.
At home, make Beef n Bean Threads and salad. (Do you have Mom's recipe?)
Ta-Da! Dinner in 30 Minutes
roasted veggies (stir in some olive oil and lemon and whatever spices you like) with baked chicken or fish. delish and super easy and healthy!
Post a Comment