I can't even come up with a good title to this blog post because I'm having a hard time keeping my lunch down looking at this. If you ever had any reason to question why we have an obesity problem in this country, just take a look at what KFC is test marketing to masquerade as a new "sandwich". Note, the Vancouver Sun estimated (because KFC won't yet release this information) the calorie content is over 1200! WITHOUT accompanying fries (300cal/medium) and a soda (250cal/20oz) in the "meal". Seriously, that 1750cal "meal" is literally more than I eat in an entire day!! Never mind, that it is all fat and carbs. I'm aghast.
http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/08/kfcs-new-double-down-chicken-sandwich-is-frightening/
13 years ago
8 comments:
At first I just thought "That's excessive"...until I realized there was no bun, at which point it crossed the line. Nas-tay.
Exactly, two pieces of fried chicken BEING the bun is just bleh.
Ewww...After eating that crap you wouldn't need to eat for days!
I have a secret, guilty, weak spot for the Col's original recipe. However, that's just gross. Not that a white bun would make it any healthier, but there's just something about it that legitimizes it a bit.
isnt this the same company that gave us the calorie bucket? you know the giant bucket of mashed potatoes, cheese, fried chicken and gravy, all layered on top of each other?
Yum!
This is almost (or perhaps equally?) as bad as the new state/county fair food: deep fat fried butter. Yes, you heard correctly. Take a decently sized cube of butter, wrap it in a very thin piece of dough, deep fat fry it and ingest a heart attack.
AJ- I'm surprised to see fried butter show up in the Pacific NW before hearing about that in Texas, land of all things fried. That is pretty gross too, you might as well just fry the bread and smear butter on it instead of wasting time wrapping it around the butter. The fairs/rodeos down here have fried items including twinkies and oreos.
Oh gag. Just gag.
Post a Comment