Friday, October 9, 2009

Barefoot and Pregnant

Since I am getting towards the end of the pregnancy, 2.5 weeks to the due date and probably won't make it that long, things are starting to change quickly. First, my feet are swollen and retaining water so I am wearing flip flops at work today as none of my shoes fit all of a sudden. The baby has dropped and that at least means less heartburn and an easier time breathing.

I would have to say the thing I like least is how much my hands hurt. Several hormones make your joints relax and, for me, that means all the knuckles in the my hands are swollen and retaining water as well. It is just really uncomfortable and is at its worst in the mornings after I wake up.

But I think the best thing is cuddling up to John while the baby is kicking so he can feel it wiggle around. And we have an active little dude or dudette in there so even John has gotten a few kicks from the baby. Only fair that baby gets a shot at him too.

So stay tuned over the next couple weeks as things are starting to happen and we'll keep posting news here.

1 comment:

ACQ said...

Baby M, we can't wait to meet you!