Monday, May 17, 2010

Can You Hear Me Now?

This morning we had two appointments for Zara, the first a follow up for the tubes at the ENT and the second another set of shots at the pedi. Good news for Zara she can hear, which we knew all along because she responded and looked around at sounds. But now she can hear in that passed the test, gold star, teacher's pet kind of way.

As for the pedi, nothing wrong there but it is thankfully the last "monthly" visit in our shot schedule and we don't have to go for two months. I'm uber-glad for that because I like the pedi, but I spend so much time waiting because they are never on time. I really want to bill them for my time spent waiting. I'm a consultant, I have a going rate and I know how to use it darn it! :P But updated 7 month stats for the Z-ster. Drumroll please.... brrrrrrrrrr.... we are ABOVE the 10th percentile line in weight! All the solid foods kicked off another growth spurt and she is now 15lb 3 oz (15-20th%) and 26.75 in (~60th%).

Whereas we like the growth spurt, we totally don't like the teething. Zara is officially moved into her own room upstairs as of Friday, but just in time to get woken up several times a night with sore gums. Baby girl is not happy about these first teeth. Hopefully, they cut pretty soon and we can all sleep again.

2 comments:

ACQ said...

Hurray for good hearing, and for the weight gain!

Unknown said...

Woot! Woot! hooray! Good job Zara!