I am not a fan of weather forecasters. They are always wrong. The only sure indication of what the weather will be is that it will be the exact opposite of what I planned for regarding flights. I was supposed to take my checkride on Wed morning when the weather still should have been okay, but it was not. We didn't reschedule for the afternoon because the weather guessers said it would be "worse". Only low and behold, there were some scattered clouds but otherwise it was a really nice evening.
Then we chose to reschedule for tomorrow (Friday) morning because today was supposed to be horrid thunderstorms all day right? WRONG!! The thunderstorms rolled through at 4am and I am sitting here looking at a marvelous blue sky this afternoon with only a few clouds and no flight scheduled.
So I just hope that this weather holds through tomorrow morning so I can do my checkride and actually get my license. But you never know... I do have a flight scheduled after all.
13 years ago
3 comments:
I hear you. I've been trying to get out twice a week, but I've cancelled two days already. I flew last night, but I didn't leave the pattern because those scattered clouds were rather low. So probably not the best afternoon for a checkride anyhow.
Good luck, I hope the weather cooperates!
This has been a horrible year so far for weather and flying...or I'm just really good at picking bad days to schedule! Hopefully the weather will cooperate with you and GOOD LUCK when you get up there!
Good luck!
Ironically, I am waiting for the weather to get bad enough so I can do some instrument approaches in the clouds...
Post a Comment