After a 2 Christmas Party evening last night, I got up early this morning for the Lakes of Williams Ranch 30k, part of the marathon warm-up series and my training. Wowie, so I finished and I am really happy with the time of 2:48:11. This means I finished on my marathon goal pace even if it did hurt quite a bit in the last couple miles.
It was nice at the beginning when I hooked up with two other runners that were running around my pace and the three of us stuck it out for awhile. But, the girl pulled away around mile 10 and ended up finishing 10 or so minutes in front of me as my pace was slowing by this point. She said she had previously run a marathon in 3:40 so this wasn't unsurprising. The guy we were running with dropped back from me around mile 12, so that felt good for me at least. But he said he did half marathons, the 18 miles was a strech for him. So all in all, good running buddies to have for as along as we stuck together.
As for me, I will be spending the rest of the day on the counch most likely and taking a nap since I am already rather sleepy. Good night... zzzzzzzzz.
13 years ago
1 comment:
Good for you, girl!!!
Post a Comment