Tonight I spent an hour and half or so on the phone for my bi-annual gift to all sociology majors everywhere. Somehow my family has been a part of an on-going University of Michigan study about economics and what not. My mom got these phone calls for years and now I guess I am I'm sort of a second generation study participant.
The questions get really boring. Everything from how much we spend on electricity bills , to have we collected any food stamps this year, to have I ever been diagnosed with a stroke. My big reward, aside from knowledge that I am one of the statistical inputs in funky newspapers and college thesis graphs, $65. I think the economy is facing inflation as I used to get only $50.
But, next time you hear some wacky economics statistic, you can now say that you know at least one real person that has been statified.
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment