Saturday, April 18, 2009

Stormy Apple Weekend

Houston has had quite the couple days of storms with some very hard rain Friday night and then for 6 or 7 hours today. The rain caused my work golf tournament to get cancelled in the afternoon. But last night it let up, thankfully, long enough for us to go see Christopher Titus (the comedian) with Brent and Alicia. Funny, funny show and glad we didn't get soaked trying to get there.

Today though, John and I had wanted to go to lunch and walked out the front door only to see a large truck fording the street in a foot plus of water. Back inside. Eventually the rain let up some and we went to run a few errands. One of which was stopping at the grocery store to buy some apples and oats. I wanted dessert and John wanted something warm and cheerier then the nasty weather. So I made a large dish of one of my favorite desserts, apple crisp. John loves it too and I made it, as always, with a double recipe of topping. Yummy and it is our dinner for tonight, apples, oats, flour, all you need.

1 comment:

ACQ said...

Mmm looks delicious! I'm glad we got to go to the show before the deluge. :)