Sunday, August 10, 2008

Curling and Coutry-Western Gangsta Rap

What a weekend!

Friday night I went curling for the first time. I've always enjoyed watching curling when its on TV in the winter O's and now I actually went and tried it out. It is really fun in a laid back sort of way. I scored a point with my very first curling rock ever, so I think that bodes well for me and the sport shoudl I ever go again.

Then Saturday night we went out for a belated Aaron birthday outing to McGonigal's Mucky Duck. Great bar and good irish food, but more importantly they are known for their live music. The Asylum Street Spankers from Austin were playing and they were great. They are kinda a humor based band but they have really good singers and musicians. My personal favorite song was the country western-gangsta rap song "Hick Hop". Great night out for music. I also really liked the song "Breathin'" which was like and old blues tune.

1 comment:

John said...

Nas will be at Warehouse Live August 25th. Sad part is, I may not be home to go to the concert. Just got told even the 22nd is a soft return date.