Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Edouard Stats

During the night Monday Edouard (which had been making a bee-line for Houston) shifted northward in its track and came ashore east of here over the Sabine Pass area. Good for us, even though we were prepared. With that shift, it pretty much just meant a strong, steady rain for about 4 hours at my place. The statistics for my part of H-town are 2.8 in of rain, wind peak at 21 mph, and peak gust of 37 mph. All in all, nothing much different than any other strong T-storm around here.

So what do you do with a free day off from work while it rains and rains you ask? Why you glue a few thousand tiny tiles on to a pair of mirrors. I guess I can thank Edourd for giving me the time to just sit there and get that mostly done. I still have a small section left to do on the second mirror and then grouting, but they are much closer to being done then they would have otherwise been.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

oh I want to see pictures of your mirrors! I have thought about doing that...