Friday, August 8, 2008

Yo! Where's my Gurt?

I went grocery shopping yesterday and one of the things I frequently eat is yogurt, plain, fat-free, and good, often with fresh fruit mixed in. I usually buy the individual serving containers so they can stay sealed and won't go bad like a large container will before I can finish it.

When I got them I thought they seemed small. I got home and still had one in the fridge, sure 'nough, they are now only 6 Oz!!! vs. the original 8 oz. So lame, here's is your grocery costs rising, smaller packages, same price. I'd rather pay more and get a real 8 oz serving personally.

But what was especially annoying, was the "New Creamier Recipie" advertised on the package. I was skeptical to start and once I opened it, it really was just more "watery" and instead of having some firmness like yogurt should. It seemed like their cost cutting has just thinned out the yogurt and now the quality suffers. So I guess I will be finishing these and then finding a new brand, Lucerne just lost a yogurt customer.

1 comment:

Jen @ New Shade of Green said...

Oh that SUCKS. We like Stoneyfield Organic FF Plain, it's good! We also found another brand at HEB that comes in a glass jar (yay no plastic) but we haven't opened it yet. I'll give a report once we try it.