Sunday, August 17, 2008

Not Confusing At All

There has been a lot of road construction around the space center as this area grows, but a year or so ago they changed the name on the original road to JSC from NASA Road 1 to NASA Parkway. Amoung others I disliked the name change, it had been NASA Road 1 since the space center was first built.

But they have also been bldg a bypass about half a mile south of the road from the highway to the space center, since NASA Road 1 (or "Parkway") is so heavily travelled and always jammed. Well the bypass is open and I drove by it today running errands and what do I see but the "new" name for the bypass: NASA Road 1 !!

No kidding, that's not going to be confusing to name a new road the exact same thing as the old but still in existance road of similar direction and everything but only half a mile away. I think I am more annoyed because I might have to actually start using the NASA Parkway icky name just to distiquish. Maybe not, maybe if you ask me for directions you will just have to figure out which one I am referring to on your own.

No comments: